Jan 30, 2013

How Appropriate for the First Day of my Blog!

My hubby and I try to make dinnertime a place and time where we can catch up with eachother on the day's activities.  It's share time.  We share what we did during the day, what made us laugh, funny things we heard on the radio, silly Noah things, etc, etc.  Tonight my husband decided to share with me a video that his sister had shared with him.  You may have seen it already, it's called "A Pep Talk from Kid President to You."  It is currently trending on a lot of social media sites, but incase you haven't seen it yet, here is the link

http://youtu.be/l-gQLqv9f4o



Did you watch it?  Did you get chills?  I know I did.  First things first, how cute was that kid?  I mean seriously, he was perfect.  But that 3 minute video was so powerful, and the message it was delivering is one that every single person can identify with.  As he said, we've got "air coming through our nose" and "a heartbeat" so go out into the world and "be awesome", "give the world a reason to dance".  And perhaps my most favorite message; that little child reminds us that we are all on the "same team". 

Such simple truths.  So this blog is my way of "doing something".  And from this day forward, I'm going to remind myself that I am on the same team as every person I meet.  If this means waiting an extra second to hold the door open for the person behind me or letting someone out in front of me while driving or taking the time to wish the cashier a good day, I will be "awesome".  And I am sure I will be a happier person for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment