Jan 31, 2013

Simplify your Grocery Shopping

I used to love grocery shopping... and then I had a baby.  Now it gives me anxiety.  Why?...Because who knows when sweet little Noah will decide that the friendly sights and sounds at the grocery no longer amuse him or that the little toys mommy brought from home are a less than satisfactory distraction.  The thought of Noah having a meltdown in the middle of the grocery store is enough to make me want to eat from the canned goods in the back of my pantry for the next 2 months. 

Ok maybe that is a little dramatic.  But seriously, taking an infant, even a gooood infant, to the grocery store can be a daunting task.  In the past I've always carried a scribbled, hurried grocery list, usually consisting of a nice mix of Dan's illegible handwriting and my half thought out items.  With this sort of system, I have often found myself still forgetting items, missing aisles, retracing my steps, and becoming overwhelmed at making sure I get everything I need.  The extra time and stress that kind of grocery trip leads to does not mesh well with a 6 month old.

So in an effort to simplify and streamline my grocery shopping experience as much as possible, I created a handy little pdf. to share with you all.  It's divided into the main sections of our grocery store and ordered essentially in the sequence that I hit them.  I also included a meal section (hubby and I plan out our meals every week) to offer little reminders as to what I may need to look for at the store AND for a reference to me and hubby (since we often forget what we planned to eat)! 

Please feel free to use my pdf. or be inspired to create one of your own.  And let me know how it works for you!

Happy Grocery Shopping everyone =)
Grocery List Made Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment