Feb 14, 2013

An impromptu photo shoot

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

So I wanted to share a quick post with you all about my handmade impromptu photo shoot with Noah bear today. As I was browsing Facebook earlier, I was inspired but everyone's Valentines Day spirit. I don't know about your news feed, but mine was littered (in a nice sense of the word) with people's posts of flowers, gifts, cards, candies, loved ones, etc. Dan and I usually don't make too much of a fuss about this holiday. A nice little card and a kiss is about as far as we go, but I had a change of heart thinking this was Noah's very first V-day and also the very first time I had two special valentines :-).

Plus I hadn't sent any cards to the grandparents or anything, so I thought something needed to be done. These thoughts took me up to my craft room and I went to work with materials I had on hand. As I cut and crafted away, Noah played happily on the floor with my scraps of paper.

True to my motto, everything was DIY/Homemade. I grabbed some felt I had lying around and cut out some hearts. Then I cut out XOXO letters from red craft paper. Next I found some heart ribbon that's been sitting around waiting for a purpose and I put it all together on an old ribbon memo board from my college dorm room days.

Because Noah needed to look the part, I pinned felt hearts to a plain white onesie. For the back drop, I simply draped a white blanket over his crib and used a boppy to help him sit up straight. Lastly, my only other prop was a white valentines bear grammie bought Noah a couple days earlier. After all was set up, the photo op began! I got a lot of priceless pics of the buddy and was able to send them out to family and friends. And now we will have photo memories of Noah's first Valentines Day!

Not bad for an hour of our day and $0 out of our pockets!

What Valentines crafts did you all come up with?





No comments:

Post a Comment