Mar 3, 2013

"Twitter" Me Message Board

Hey People,

So this Sunday has become a cleaning and reorganizing day.  Poor little Noah has an ear infection.  We took him to the weekend clinic this morning to get him antibiotics and the rest of the day he's been pretty low key.  Poor little bugger has just wanted to sleep and cuddle (which this mommy doesn't mind at all!).  Because he hasn't required too much attention, I was able to organize his clothes into 0mos, 3mos, and 6mos boxes.  Boy did that kid acquire quite the collection of clothing.  If we have another boy, he'll be set! 

After that was done, I decided it was time to tackle my craft room, which looks like a warzone.  Without going into too many details, let's just say that it was long overdue.  That place was a health hazard.  (2 minutes in there and Noah would probably come out with a pin in his eyeball and something covered with glue in his mouth)  In cleaning out my craft room, I stumbled upon an unused 11x14 picture frame....which got my mind a churnin.  The frame was silver, so I knew that I wouldn't be using it in any of my picture wall hangings (because all of the pictures around my house are framed with brown, white, or cream frames).  But it seemed like such a shame to let it sit there unused.  At the same time I stumbled across this frame, I happened to be sorting through my marker collection.  As I bundled my dry erase markers with a gumband, I remembered an idea I saw on Pinterest using a picture frame as a makeshift dry erase board. So naturally, I dropped everything that I was doing and set about to crafting one for myself.  (Got to love my ADD).

So basically I used some scrapbook paper I had lying around, cut it to the shape and size of the frame, and drew little red lines to mock that elementary school paper I remember practicing my cursive letters on as a child.  Voila...

The message "Twitter Me" was completely impulsive.  I've never used twitter in my life, nor do I have any imminent plans too.  But it seemed like a cute phrase to caption my thought..."Hey write on me, I'm fun!"  The dry erase marker is attached to the frame by a piece of yarn.  (it is tied to the horizontal wall hook on the back of the frame)

Not sure yet where I'll put our little message board.  I'm thinking it may serve some good in the kitchen to jot down quick notes to the hubby or make reminders of things I need at the grocery store.  Best part about that is, no paper, no waste, no mess!  Gotta love that=)

Hope you enjoyed my impromptu craft of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment